Here are 10 interesting, and slightly random, facts about me...
1. I am originally from Scotland (Glasgow) but am now based in Wiltshire with my lovely Husband Chris and our two rescue splats (Cats who splat dramatically on the floor when they want attention).
2. I can't remember a time when I didn't want to be an artist. I won my first ever competition, open to the whole of the West of Scotland, when I was 5 years old and I wrote and illustrated my first book when I was 7. (It was called Hazel in Wonderland and featured a hippo in a tutu! I still have it!)
3. I love stationery and own a huge notebook where I jot down things that have inspired me. Inside are snippets of overheard conversations, favourite lines from books, lyrics, how something has made me feel...there is all sorts in there!
4. I sketch all the time but am intimidated by sketchbooks cause I'm worried I will 'ruin' them. (Yes, I know how daft that is!)
5. I have illustrated both fiction and non-fiction. I have even completed a graphic novel.
6. Two of my 'head' illustrations hang on the wall of a psychiatrist, another 'head' illustration hangs on the wall of a hypnotherapist, 'DNA Man' hangs on the wall of a geneticist, a painting I created of an office chair hangs on the wall of the Vice President of a Chair Component Company and a piece I created around research methods hangs on the wall of The British Library.
7. I absolutely love meandering around a city at dusk sneaking a wee peak through the windows of houses I pass. Behind every window there is a story!
8. I have a Masters degree in Organising for Social and Community Development. Translation? I specialised in social research and social justice. I based my dissertation on adults who have one or more long term health conditions and asked what barriers, if any, they faced when trying to manage them. The results were fed back into a re-design of health services. 9. I had a very unsupportive art teacher at school who really dented my confidence. I love the fact that, despite that setback, I now make a living from my art and have individual collectors all over the world.
10. If I had to pick a lyric to describe me it would probably be 'I wasn't built to get up at this time. I'm not the kind of guy (in my case gal) who rises and shines' by The Supernaturals. I am NOT a morning person! 11. ('Cause I'm not very good with rules!). One of my favourite things about doing this job is working with my clients to create something just for them. If you would be interested in commissioning a piece then please get in touch. I would love to hear from you!